Sunday, January 10, 2010

Best room in the house




A couple days before we were to close on the house my dad and Nora came through to see our new home. As my dad and Nora walked through the space I could tell that the house was not exactly speaking to them as it did to Bryce and I. The smell of old smoke in the air from over 35 years of smoking in the house still lingered and I know that my dad thought we were over our heads. We made our way upstairs to where the bedrooms are and one bathroom used to be. My dad looked at the very rough bathroom and said with a bit of hope, "this is the best room in the house". I'm not sure if it was the blue tile that connected with my dad as it was the same blue tile we had in my bathroom growing up, but it seemed like there was at least a bit of optimism. This bathroom as you can see has totally been ripped out and will become our master bath. We have really opened up the space and got rid of useless hallways. The new master bathroom will have a double vanity along with a separate shower and tub. I am so excited to have a window in the bathroom to let in sunlight while I bath in the tub or get ready in the morning. It has been since I was living in my house growing up that I have had a window in my bathroom to let in natural light!

No comments:

Post a Comment